With the weather getting cooler, I have one kind of food on my mind… soup! It’s the ultimate comfort food, in my opinion. It can be made in about an hour on the stovetop, or if you have a busy day, throw everything into the crockpot and leave it for 4-6 hours until you’re back home. This cheesy potato and sausage soup is exactly what you need at the end of a cold day!
- 6 potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 4 cups beef broth
- one 10.5 oz can French onion soup
- one 10.5 oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- sour cream, for garnish
- chives, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, fry sausage and onions until sausage is fully cooked. Drain grease.
- Add all ingredients, except for shredded cheese. Mix and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Add shredded cheese and cook for additional 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Garnish with sour cream, extra cheese and chives. Enjoy!