Banana bread is the one baked treat I know my entire family will love, so it’s made very often in my house. I decided to make a few changes to this batch to make it a little more festive for the holidays, and everyone said this was the best banana bread I’ve made yet! If your family is a fan of cinnamon and streusel topping, this is the banana bread recipe for you!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into bowl and mix together using your hands until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to a small bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Mix together sugars, egg, and oil until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined (mixture will be dry).
- Add milk, vanilla, and bananas and stir until fully incorporated.
- Mix in Pecans and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Pour streusel topping over the top of banana bread mixture. Using a butter knife, swirl streusel topping a couple times until you can see batter start to pop through. Do not mix streusel in completely.
- Cook 60-70 minutes, checking regularly until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minuted before you remove from loaf pan. Enjoy!