Looking for a dessert to serve this Thanksgiving that isn’t a pie or cobbler? These sweet potato cheesecake bars are the perfect substitute for pumpkin pie, and they’re cut into bars, so they can be taken on the go for guests that can’t stay after dinner. I added an Oreo cookie crust to make them even more decadent because… well, who doesn’t love an Oreo cookie crust?!
- 3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (cream filling removed)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- Add ingredients to a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- 4 blocks softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cheesecake Layer Directions:
- On medium speed, beat together cream cheese and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the cheesecake layer ingredients and continue beating on medium speed until mixture is creamy, about 2-4 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Remove crust from freezer and and pour in half the mixture, keeping the other half to add to sweet potato mixture.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for 45 minutes.
Sweet Potato Layer:
- 2 cups pureed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Sweet Potato Layer Directions:
- Add sweet potato layer ingredients to the remaining cheesecake mixture and mix until filly combined.
- Once bottom layer is out of the freezer, pour sweet potato layer on top, making sure top is smooth.
- Bake at 325 for 45 – 55 minutes (DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN)
- Once cheesecake has cooked, middle should slightly jiggle and edges should be slightly puffed. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly propped open and leave it to cool 45 min – 1 hour.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack for 1-2 hours, then refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon sugar on top.