Southern green beans are an easy, yet flavorful recipe that will make any ordinary meal feel special. Whether its a summer barbecue or thanksgiving dinner, this side dish will pair well with anything!
- 2 cans cut green beans, drained
- 6 slices bacon
- one tomato, diced
- one large onion, thinly sliced
- one tablespoon butter
- one teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon until cooked, but not crispy, reserving half of the remaining grease. Set bacon aside and chop when cooled.
- In remaining bacon grease, add butter and onions. Cook onions on med – low heat until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add green beans, garlic, chopped bacon, tomato, and seasonings. Stir and cook on medium heat 10-12 minutes.